- 211m: Globally, the number of people affected by natural disasters every year
- 225: Number of rich people with the same combined income as 2.7 billion poor
- 18%: Proportion of people unable to read, compared with 37% illiteracy in 1970
- 1 in 5: Proportion of women who will be a victim of rape or attempted rape
- $1000bn: The cost of world corruption in 2006
- 13-15 million: children orphaned through AIDS
The vast majority of bribes go to officials in rich countries not in developing countries.